Sunday, October 24, 2010

I never post recipes

However, Missy posted this recipe on facebook this morning and I think I am actually going to try making it today. It looks fast, easy and delicious.


Cowboy Dinner-Slow Cooker Style

by Missy Deal-Stambook on Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 7:28am
What is great about this recipe, is that it is all to your taste!  You can add more or less.

1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can tomato soup
2 cans kidney beans (drained)
1 cup milk
5-10 small red potatoes
salt
pepper
garlic pwder
onion salt
Chili powder

Brown the beef.  Add chopped onion to it.
Wash and cut potatoes.
Add all above ingredients to slow cooker
The seasoning is to taste-I always add a little to the meat while browning and add more when all goes in slow cooker.
Set on High for 2 hours (stir occasionally) then turn down to Low for hour or two.  This way it will get done within 4 hours. (Note: it shouldn't be too soupy, the consistency should be thicker.)
Or keep on low and let cook for the day!

Serve with buttered soft bread and dip in the extra sauce! (<== Added the bit about the bread :) )

Enjoy!!  Yeehaw!!




  • Michele Whipps Anderson Would you mind if I repost this to my blog, giving you credit of course?
    17 minutes ago 

  • Missy Deal-Stambook No I don't mind. This recipe originated from my Grandma Bertram. My mom wants me to mention we serve it with buttered bread to dip in the sauce.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment