Sunday, September 5, 2010

Housing update... kind of

I am betting if you've been following my blog at all, you're wondering what happened once the homeless countdown hit 0. Well, the answer is fairly simple, we are officially homeless. A lot has happened in the past 6 or so days, I have a lot I intend to post to fill in those blanks. For now, however, I though I would let you all know that while we are homeless, I've managed to keep some form of a roof over our heads thus far.

A few nights were spent at the AmericInn, but that was far too expensive to keep up with. We have now rented a room at the InnTown Suites, that should get us through until next Saturday.

As for upcoming housing, I found a 2 bedroom apartment which I will be hopefully renting with a roommate. The application and app fees have been turned in, alone with a $300 deposit to hold the place in hopes that we're approved. That along with food, fuel and rooms rented renders me -$60, I am hoping some sort of child support comes through before we are officially approved for the apartment so that check doesn't bounce.

At any rate, this is just a quick note to let y'all know that we aren't quite on the street yet and we are hopefully avoiding that.

If you've read this, thanks for caring, even if you care maliciously, you're still thinking of us. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment